12.21.2014

ACTIVITY 6: ONECLICKDIGITAL

We are about to step backward in time.  Brace yourselves.

Simultaneous access!  What a concept!  Hint, hint, e-book publishers.  We do not own the new Bob Odenkirk book, nor "The World of Ice & Fire" (which would probably make for an awful audiobook anyway), so I checked out Sarah Thyre's wonderful memoir "Dark at the Roots."  The iOS app was very quick to download, setting up an account was simple enough (except for the part where the correct spelling of our library system is "St Paul Public Library" which makes it difficult to find using their unusual three-character auto fill-in function-- I had the same problem trying to help a patron, once), and the interface is slick and easy to use.  Didn't care for the part where it overrode the volume setting on my phone, however.  I almost never listen to audiobooks so I don't plan to use the service, and therefore returned the book right away in hopes that someone else will enjoy it.

No comments: