11.05.2007

Why "Superstar Machine?"

Because I was struggling so desperately not to call this blog "Jonathan 2.0: now more interactive than ever!" And when I don't have a better idea, I steal something from an old favorite comedy series, such as "Mr. Show," which is available for check out at your local Saint Paul Public Library (not for the faint of heart, I should warn). I believe this refers to the season four episode "Rudy Will Await your Foundation," which has nothing to do specifically with me, libraries, technology, or learning of any kind.

7 comments:

Old Number Fourteen said...

I didn't "get" Mr. Show. Is there a clip of the relevant episode of YouTube for you to post maybe? Just wondering.

Old Number Fourteen said...

Oops, I wish I could edit my comments--that should have been "on YouTube," not "of YouTube." My bad.

Old Number Fourteen said...

Wow, wow, wow! Could your website be any cooler?

JC said...

Yes, my website could be WAY cooler.

JC said...

Didn't find a clip online but it actually isn't that funny in and of itself. I think at the time part of Mr. Show's appeal to me was the extensive use of blue language in a sketch comedy format, which I hadn't seen before, which isn't really a good reason to like something, but in general I enjoyed their very off-kilter non-traditional scattershot approach to comedy. Unfortunately that approach has gone completely out of control with things like Wonder Showzen and Aqua Teen Hunger Force, that I find either TOO weird and random or just plain offensive.

Momar said...

I like Mr. Show. At times it was a little too out there or off track, but overall it was pretty hilarious. Way to not pertain to anything.

Anonymous said...

Good post.