2.15.2008

Thing #11: RSS Feeds

I can't believe it's taken me this long to finally get around to doing this, but I'm glad I have. I opted to go with Google Reader rather than Bloglines since I already have a Gmail account. It might be worth looking at Bloglines just to see if the format is preferable, but for now I'm happy with what I've got. I can already see how much more efficient the RSS method is vs. the "old and slow way" of checking a dozen (or several dozen) sites every day, or several times a week. The only downside is when a favorite website isn't set up with an RSS feed, such as Bill Hunt's The Digital Bits, one of the only DVD-release sites I like that's remained active (RIP "DVD Journal"). I'm also finding that my original 16 subscription sites are already filling my inbox with more than I can reasonably manage, so I'm concerned that there needs to be a more sophisticated level of filtration on this thing, but for now I can rely on my eyes and clicking finger to get by.

No comments: